Colonial Footprints on Kaurna Land
Why did the SA government company decide to site Adelaide where it currently is? What tools and instruments were used to plan out the site?
What would you look for? Water supply, ease of accessibility, fertility of land, ease of travel!
Australian Curriculum Links
- Maths: Measurement and Geometry
- Year 4 (Location and transformation) – Use simple scales, legends and directions to interpret information contained in basic maps
- Year 5 (Location and transformation) – Use a grid reference system to describe locations. Describe routes using landmarks and directional language
- History: Year 4 First Contacts and Year 5 the Australian Colonies
Key inquiry questions:
- What do we know about the lives of people in Australia’s colonial past and how do we know?
- How did an Australian colony develop over time and why?
- How did colonial settlement change the environment?
- What were the significant events and who were the significant people that shaped Australian colonies?
When: Term 1-4
Level: 4, 5
Area: HASS - Geography, HASS - History, Mathematics, Technologies
Cost: $7.00 per student/$3.00 equity
Participants: 30 maximum
Duration: 90 minutes
ALL school visits must be booked in advance.
To book a visit please contact the Migration Museum.
Please note that all bookings must be made by phone.
60 min program:
$5.00 per student/$2.50 equity
90 min program:
$7.00 per student/$3.00 equity
120 min program:
$9.00 per student/$4.00 equity
Organising your visit
For more information and to discuss your student learning needs please contact the Education Manager at the Migration Museum.
Click below and scroll to the bottom of the page to subscribe to the Migration Museum's eNews for all the latest information on learning programs, special events, professional learning opportunities and much more.