Ediacaran Fossils of the Flinders Ranges
The Ediacaran Fossils of the Flinders Ranges eBook addresses the Australian Curriculum outcomes for year 11 and 12 SACE Geology.
- Year 11 theme: The evolution of life throughout geological history.
- Year 12 key idea: The Geological Time-scale, fossil evidence was used to develop the geological time-scale.
The eBook can also be used to engage students in years 6-10, studying Earth and Space Sciences – Changes to Earth.
The eBook covers;
- what a fossil is and the process of fossilisation
- the discovery of Ediacaran fossils
- the Ediacaran geological time period
- topography of the Flinders Ranges
- key animal specimens of the Ediacaran
- interpretation and current research
It can be used as an individual resource for students or used in a whole class setting to provide background on South Australian Ediacaran fossils.
To view this eBook, students must have an iPad with iBooks 2 or later and iOS 5 or later, or an iPhone with iOS 8.4 or later, or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or later.
Download the Teacher support resource-ediacara August 2020
ALL school visits must be booked in advance.
Organising your visit
See the South Australian Museum web site for information on how to support your visit.
Click below to subscribe to the South Australian Museum's eNews for all the latest information on learning programs, special events, professional learning opportunities and much more.